Re: st: "SOLVED": -update ado, in_chunks-

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: "SOLVED": -update ado, in_chunks-
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:49:51 -0500

At 10:05 AM 2/18/2004 -0500, Renzo Comolli wrote:
I thank Richard Williams for his suggestion
It's a great suggestion for those who have my same problem BUT only with
respect to executables.
As far as I understood that solution does not apply to ado files
No, it will work for ado files too; just follow the link that goes to

For updating (Windows) executables, follow the link to

Yet another approach: I have a similar problem, in that on my laptop I simply cannot get the -update- or -findit- commands to work. No one has been able to figure out why. So, I can follow the procedure for updating as though I don't have Internet access from within Stata. But, what I tend to do instead is just copy my various Stata-related directories (including the program itself) from my desktop machine onto my laptop. It seems to work fine that way. Also, by copying C:\ado from one machine onto another, I keep all my downloaded programs the same.

Richard Williams, Associate Professor
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227