st: RE: Binary outcome Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition

From   "Stephen P Jenkins" <stephenj@essex.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Binary outcome Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:00:41 -0000

Be aware that the methods for such decompositions were presented long
ago,
and in a definitive fashion, by

Gomulka, J. and Stern, N. (1990). "The Employment of Married Women in
the United Kingdom 197083", Economica, vol 57, pp 17199.

Their appendix also indicates how to get standard errors for the
estimates.
I do not have this stuff hard-wired into a program, but it is relatively
straightforward to do, I think.

Stephen