Re: st: data management

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: data management
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:15:30 -0000

For exporting results (tables) to excel of word see the previous statalist
question named "saving table results" (check Friederich's answer).

Richard already answer the second question.

Your third question:
3) I am using weights:
so generally I write

tabstat variable [aweight=weight] by variable....

Is there any way I can use weights without including
it in the tabstat command? I want to run a bunch of
summary table, would like to use weights for all of

Try the svy commands (help -svy-). You can set different weights
using -svyset- and once you've done this Stata will use them as long as you
use the prefix -svy- with other valid commands. For example you can
use -svytab- or -svysum- and it will give you two-way tables and summary
statistics of survey data (or other type needing re-weighting) respectively.

R.E. De Hoyos
Department of Applied Economics
University of Cambridge
Cambridge, CB3 9DE, UK