st: Re: Using weights in survival analysis

From   "D. Walter R. Omariba" <>
Subject   st: Re: Using weights in survival analysis
Date   Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:39:52 -0500

Dear STATA users,
I am new to survival analysis using STATA. I am estimating an exponential
survival model of children clustered within mothers. I have both child and
mother weights in the data set. However, when I specify the child weights in
model specification and request for robust standard errors using the mother’s
id as cluster variable, STATA returns an error message that ‘robust/pweights
not allowed with shared’ option.

Would someone tell me why we cannot use weights when estimating a shared
frailty model?

Walter Omariba