st: RE: Random Effects Model with Multiple Random Coefficients

From   "Pagan, Jose" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Random Effects Model with Multiple Random Coefficients
Date   Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:23:41 -0500

Hi Cem, I think you can estimate this model using gllamm (see
www.gllamm.org). The variable group identifies the groups. nrf
identifies the number of random coefficients. You should go through the
gllamm manual though as there are many options you can use (e.g., adapt,
nocor, weights, etc.).

* Random effects model with no random slopes
gllamm y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5, i(group)

* Random effects model with multiple random coefficients
gen cons=1
eq inter: cons
eq x1s: x1
eq x2s: x2
gllamm y x1 x2, i(group) nrf(3) eq(inter x1s x2s)

Jose Pagan