st: How to compare panel data fit in STATA?

From   "ACHINTYA RAY" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: How to compare panel data fit in STATA?
Date   Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:08:56 -0600

Is there a way to compare fit of the models when I am using a panel data? I
am using two commands (xtgls and xtregar) to fit models in panel data in
STATA. Suppose I have two models: Model 1 and Model 2. Now, suppose I
use -xtgls- or -xtregar- to estimate the two models. How can compare which
model is a better fit overall? In particular, is there any way to make a
statement (by looking at the STATA output) like Model 1 is better (or worse)
fit than Model 2 based on some crtiteria?

Achintya Ray