st: easy question ... merge

From   sgsr100 <>
Subject   st: easy question ... merge
Date   Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:53:19 +0000

Dear statalist,
Perhaps is an easy question. I am trying to merge one variable from a
data set calle fm2m in other dataset named "mother".
I know  that first I have to
sort based on the variables I have chosen to paste (in both dataset)
then merge[varlist] using filename
but when I trying to merge there is a message that indicates file "fm2m"
not found.
The problem is that the file it exists, and I have it in the same folder
that I have the other dataset named "mother". I have already checked as
well, if there is any space in the name of the file, etc.
What do you suggest I am doing wrong?