[no subject]

From   Simon Moore <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Date   Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:04:46 +0000

Hello Statalist,

I am new to Stata and am trying to work out the solution to something
that probably has a simple solution.

I have data in a variable coded something along the lines of 1(very
happy), 2(happy), 3(not so happy) and 4(miserable).  All I want to do
is switch this around so that 1 becomes 4, 2 becomes 3 and so on.  I
realise that I could use recode but was wondering if there is a
remarkably simple solution that I cannot find.

Thank you in advance
Simon