Re: st: jacknife using replicate weights

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: jacknife using replicate weights
Date   Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:21:26 -0500

It is hard to tell exactly what you've got from your message. But it sounds like your data are from a survey with a complex sample, and the replicate weights have been created by the survey producer to allow the calculation of standard errors that take account of the complex sample design, using the survey jackknife approach. If this is the case, then your main weight is not, actually a frequency weight, its a pweight.

If this is the case, then Stata's -jknife- command is NOT what you want. Rather, you should look at my -svr- suite of commands, which are designed to allow exactly this sort of analysis. They are available from SSC-- type

. ssc desc svr

and go from there.

If I've not correctly guessed the situation with your data, then all bets are off.

--Nick WInter