st: API or dll to read Stata file from another application

From   Adam Meehan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: API or dll to read Stata file from another application
Date   Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:16:44 +1100

Title: Message
Does anyone know of a dll or API reference that is used to read stata file structure from another application?

I am trying to write some code to read the file structure of a stata file and DON'T want to use a third party software package.

SPSS has an API reference to for their spssio32.dll, and I am looking for something like this for Stata.

NOTE: I don't want to convert the file to another stats package format using Stat/Transfer or DBMS/Copy.

Thanks.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Meehan;Adam
FN:Adam Meehan
ORG:NHMRC CCRE in Therapeutics
TITLE:Data Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+61 3 9903 0949
TEL;CELL;VOICE:0410 470 320
TEL;WORK;FAX:+61 3 9903 0556
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Monash University=0D=0ADepartment of Epidemiology and Preventative Medicin=
e=0D=0ALevel 3, 553 St Kilda Rd;Melbourne;Victoria;3004;Australia
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Monash University=0D=0ADepartment of Epidemiology and Preventative Medicine=
=0D=0ALevel 3, 553 St Kilda Rd=0D=0AMelbourne, Victoria 3004=0D=0AAustralia
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[email protected]
REV:20031029T033858Z
END:VCARD