st: London Stata Users' Group meeting 28/29 June 2004: second announcement

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: London Stata Users' Group meeting 28/29 June 2004: second announcement
Date   Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:22:17 -0000

10th UK Stata Users' Group meeting

Second notice of meeting and call for papers

Dates: Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 June 2004
Venue: Central London, UK
Cost: �65 + vat = �76.38
See Registration, accommodation, conference fee for more details
Audience: Stata users of all levels of experience and from all
disciplines

The London Stata Users' Group Meeting is celebrating its 10th
anniversary in 2004. We are marking the event by making the
presentations even more useful to those who attend. We will be
including in this meeting survey lectures from Stata users of
international repute and from senior members of StataCorp
aimed at addressing fields where Stata is particularly useful.

In the previous nine years, we have established a tradition of
excellent presentations by users, and we have fostered contacts
among researchers who use Stata, expert users who extend and
further develop Stata, and developers at StataCorp.

Stata users' meetings began in London, and more have been held
here than in the rest of the world combined. (Other users'
meetings have been held in Berlin, Boston, C�rdoba, Dublin,
Maastricht, Madrid, and Utrecht.)

Part of the reason for our success is the openness of the
meetings. All are welcome to attend and participate. You are
invited whether or not you have attended previously and wherever
you reside. In past years, we have had attendees not only from
Britain, Ireland, and other European countries, but also from the
USA, Australia, New Zealand, and elsewhere.

Survey lectures will be given as follows:

Kit Baum, Department of Economics, Boston College:
"Topics in time series regression modeling: testing for
stationarity; unit roots; long memory; and endogeneity in IV and
GMM contexts"

Roger Newson, Department of Public Health Sciences, King's College
London:
"From datasets to resultssets in Stata"

Jonathan Sterne, Department of Social Medicine, University of
Bristol:
"Meta-analysis in Stata: history, progress and prospects"

Vince Wiggins, StataCorp, College Station TX:
"Stata graphics, under the hood"

We will also include the usual mix of professional talks. If you
are interested in presenting a paper on a Stata theme, please
submit an abstract (100-200 words) by email by 15th March 2004 to
Nicholas J. Cox, University of Durham, email:
[email protected]. Nick is organizing the academic program
together with Patrick Royston, MRC Clinical Trials Unit.

Last, but not least, will be a "Report to users" by William Gould,
President and Chief Developer, StataCorp, and the ever-popular
"Wishes and Grumbles" session, when you can air your suggestions
and complaints directly to Stata's developers.

An optional, informal meal will be held at a London restaurant on
Monday evening. There is an extra cost for attending the dinner.

Consult the web page

http://www.timberlake.co.uk/training/public/StataUG.html

for updates on the program.

Registration, accommodation, conference fee

The logistics of the conference are being organized by Timberlake
Consultants, distributors of Stata in several countries, including
the UK and Ireland. You can register online at

http://www.timberlake.co.uk/inforeq/courses/stataug_form.html

or by contacting Timberlake Consultants directly by email:
[email protected], tel: +44 20 86973377, or fax: +44 20
86973388. Timberlake Consultants can also help you find
accommodation in London.

There will be a small conference fee (�65 + vat = �76.38) to cover
costs for coffee, tea, and luncheons. An invoice will be sent to
you only when the program for the conference becomes available.