st: Nonparametric two way ANOVA

From   "Wagner, Joseph" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: Nonparametric two way ANOVA
Date   Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:28:44 -0500

I want to do what I know is a pretty simple calculation but I am constrained
by my dependent variable which is non-normal.

I wish to see if there are differences in viral load stratified by age
category and by race.  Viral load is not normal and in my case, I cannot
transform this variable to approximate normal.

I know I could do kruskal wallis or trend tests by race and by age category
individually but I need to do both.

If viral load were normal, I could do:

anova vload agecat race

The Friedman test is the only thing that comes to mind but I don't think
this is what I want.

Any help would be most appreciated.