Re: st: Comparing change in rates - frustrating problem, please help

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing change in rates - frustrating problem, please help
Date   Fri, 30 Jan 2004 06:07:55 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Joseph and Kieran.
I originally though to model this problem as Joseph's
"ANCOVA-like approach" but without the interaction
term (i.e.):

xi: logistic followup i.baseline i.intervention

If I do these, isn't the test: Beta(intervention)=0
testing whether the intervention had an effect? I am
not certain what the interaction term adds in this
context? Please excuse me if this is a stupid
question, but I do not get it. What am I missing?

Thank you,
Ricardo.