Re: st: Problems with outtable

Subject   Re: st: Problems with outtable
Date   Fri, 30 Jan 2004 06:31:38 -0500

At 12:05 PM 1/30/2004 +0100, [email protected] wrote:

Dear Statalisters,

I have an up-to-date installation of Stata (8.2). I am trying to use the command outtable which I obtained from SSC. But my attempts result in an error message:

. matrix A = 2,3\4,5
. matrix list A

A[2,2]
c1 c2
r1 2 3
r2 4 5

. outtable using test, mat(A)
program error: matching close brace not found
r(198);
I just downloaded -outtable- and got the same problems you did. However, it also came with -outtable7- (meant for version 7 of Stata) and it seemed to work fine (at least it didn't produce an error and it did produce an output file; I don't know if that file is correct though).

So, make sure you have the latest versions of -outtable- and see if -outtable7- will do what you want. Perhaps some recent change in Stata has inadvertently broken the newer -outtable- command.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/