RE: st: Migrating from TextPad to ____ as editor

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Migrating from TextPad to ____ as editor
Date   Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:55:17 -0500

Shige Song wrote
> I recently moved to Editpad Pro
> (http://www.editpadpro.com/), on both Windows and
>  Linux. They are not free, but if you really like
> a windows-style multi-platform editor, you shoud try
> that.

Thanks to Nick and Shige for their comments.  I will give Editpad a try
though I must say that after just a few hours playing with Vim, I am well on
my way towards becoming a convert.

Vim is fast, small, has a sessions/workspace feature and even does file-name
completion in a Windows environment!  I also like the command-line mode and
even the shortcuts/keywords are intuitive.  (E.g. ^ and $ to go
beginning/end of line, makes sense when your familiar with regexes.)  Plus,
super-easy to implement syntax highlighting.  I merely had to get 2 files
from Jeff Pitblado's web site and voila!

I had been using Emacs for a few weeks but, from now on, Vim it will be.

In case anyone is interested, Vim allows one to save sessions/workspaces as
a *.vim script.  These can easily be restored with a double-click of the
mouse if one associates *.vim files with the command:

	"C:\Program Files\vim\vim62\gvim.exe" -S "%1"

Patrick Joly