st: reaggregating variables

From   "Paolo Vareschi" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: reaggregating variables
Date   Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:46:37 +0100

Dear All,
We are analysing the results of a questionnaire administered to hundreds
of people. The questionnaire included several multiple choice questions.
As usually, each of the response choice has been edited as a separate
variable. At the time being we have not find out a way to reaggregating
the variables corresponding to the different answers of the multiple
choice question into one unique variable with as many options as the
number of choices in the original question.
Can anyone help me in finding out a procedure to perform this task?

Thank you in advance,

Paolo Vareschi