st: Cannot write in directory

From   Constantine Daskalakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Cannot write in directory
Date   Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:28:20 -0500

I tried posting this earlier but apparently it did not go through.

This may not be a Stata (but rather a file properties problem), but maybe someone has an idea.

I have tried to install gllamm but I get an error message:

. ssc install gllamm
checking gllamm consistency and verifying not already installed...
cannot write in directory C:\Program Files\Stata\ado\stbplus\g
r(603);

(which is my designated folder for add-ons to official Stata).

Now, I've used -update- and Stata itself has no trouble writing to
. ssc install gllamm
C:\Program Files\Stata\ado\updates

which has the same properties/permissions.

I have also installed plenty of software (from disk) and they never had any problem creating and writing in folders.

I have Stata 8 on a Windows XP machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
CD

The documents accompanying this transmission may contain confidential health or business information. This information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.

Constantine Daskalakis, ScD
Assistant Professor,
Biostatistics Section, Thomas Jefferson University,
211 S. 9th St. #602, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Tel: 215-955-5695
Fax: 215-503-3804
Email: [email protected]
Webpage: http://www.jefferson.edu/medicine/pharmacology/bio/