st: -by()- suboptions with -twoway- plots

From   "Doug Simmons" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -by()- suboptions with -twoway- plots
Date   Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:22:54 -0600

My apologies. As I have done some more testing I have learned it is not
a difference between command line and .do file operation.

This code works as expected:
	scatter comprate week ||		///
	fpfit comprate week ||,		///
	by (unit)

However, this block fails with the message ") required":
	scatter comprate week ||		///
	fpfit comprate week ||,		///
	by (unit, total)

There appears to be yet another issue as the following works:
	scatter comprate week ||, by (unit)

But, this does not:
	scatter comprate week, by (unit)

The inclusion of suboptions fails in all cases and it does not seem to
matter what suboptions are used. I have tried several different -twoway-
plottypes, each yielding the same results.

Thanks again for any insight and assistance.
Doug

>>> [email protected] 1/23/2004 14:18:03 >>>
Please show us some commands.

Doug Simmons