Re: st: Re: Stata temporary files FAQ

From   Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Stata temporary files FAQ
Date   Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:49:42 -0200

Alan Riley wrote:
Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza ([email protected]) asked about temporary
files after an -update- stopped with an error:

in the thread, there is a situation that is not clear to me: when we update Stata, using the internet, sometimes after a big set of files arrive, the downloading stops with a error message. Then, we have to download again, from the beginning, loosing the files already arrived.
Is it possible to avoid this time consumming "recovery" process?

Unfortunately, no. However, this is for the safety of your copy of
Stata.

The reason is that Stata is always very careful to not change your
copy of Stata during an update unless all files were downloaded
successfully. --Alan
([email protected])
*
Dear Alan:
thank you. A very clear explanation and a very wise process.
Cheers,
Jos� Maria

--
Jose Maria Pacheco de Souza, Professor Titular
Departamento de Epidemiologia/Faculdade de Saude Publica, USP