st: weighted regression

From   Gabriela Schuetz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: weighted regression
Date   Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:32:50 +0100

Hi!

For my research project I have to run a regression where the endogenous
variable was obtained by somebody else in a previous regression.

Since I have the corresponding standarderrors of the (now) left-hand
variables, I use them as weights in a procedure proposed by Anderson
(1993) and also used by Slaughter (2001). (Sorry, I do not have the
titles of these publications with me right now.)

I have written a do-File to run this regression which consists of
several steps, but I would much rather have an ado which does not
require changing my programme every time I would like to try a
different model.

Does somebody know, whether such an ado-file already exists? (I
searched
the Internet, but my reserach was probably not refined enough.)
Or can someboy help me changing my programme into an ado file?

thanks,
Gabriela Schuetz

Gabriela Schuetz
Griesseggstr. 17