RE: st: RE: Version number in ado files

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Version number in ado files
Date   Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:52:06 -0000

Richard's right to suspect that it's impossible
to write "forever". He's also very right that
StataCorp makes no guarantee to pay attention
to unofficial variants on its own official commands,
unless they are work-arounds for blatant bugs or
misfeatures and suitably publicised.

In practice, however, the kind of
problem he writes about is fairly rare. If
you look in the program files, you'll find many
examples where what is done depends on the
calling version. This is the way you get
oldstyle graphics, for example.