st: Race conditions in Stata do files?

From   "Daniel R Sabath" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Race conditions in Stata do files?
Date   Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:32:12 -0800

I have a question that is a little odd and geeky.

If I have a master do file which calls a bunch of other do files, at what
point are those subsidiary do files read into memory?

Assume
Master.do -> proc1.do
          -> proc2.do
          -> proc3.do

Assume that proc2.do takes some time to process. Are proc1-3 read into
memory at the time that master.do is run or are they loaded as they are
called in order. In other words is it possible to start master.do, edit
proc3.do before it is called and have the changes take effect when it is
called?

Thanks

Dan

Daniel R. Sabath M.Sc.   Research Consultant
 Dept. of Surgery              325 Ninth Ave
 Harborview Injury Prevention     Box 359960
   and Research Center     Seattle, WA 98104
 [email protected]     (206) 521-1549