st: How well does Stata interact with Excel?

From   "Thomas W BRUNDAGE" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How well does Stata interact with Excel?
Date   Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:01:08 -0800

People -

I am forwarding this from the SUDAAN Users group. Someone is looking for ways to use Stata to automatically populating a spreadsheet. I have not seen the message on the Stata listserv.

thomasb

STATA Users,

One savvy SAS user told me that he has written SAS programs that run
analyses and dump the results into Excel spreadsheets which then produce
preset tables and charts.  In this way, he is able to do the bulk of the
work of writing a report through programming and the pushing of one or two
buttons at the end.  He didn't know if STATA had the same ability to
communicate with Excel.  Have any of you learned how to do this using
STATA?

Our data analyst is very tired of the monotony of populating tables and
charts.  We can hand this task over to another person but the process
described above seems ideal, particularly for routine reports.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Wayne

NM BRFSS Coordinator
Manager, Survey Unit