Re: st: model building question

From   David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: model building question
Date   Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:55:54 -0500

Check the write up of the Stata command called "adjust".  It does this.

Dave Jacobs

At 10:49 AM 1/10/2004 -0800, you wrote:
Hello,

I'm a labor economist and new to STATA.  What I would
like to do is run a regression using only the male
employees of a particular company.  I then want to use
the coefficient estimates of this "male only"
model to predict the salary of the females for the
same company.  I have hundreds of interaction and
dummy variables (in some models close to a thousand).
So it is not practical for me to enter the coefficents
by hand into a program.  Is there an efficient way to
do this with STATA?

In other words is it possible with stata to create a
regression model from a portion of the data and then
use the results to predict the dependent variable for
the remaining data?

Thanks in advance for any help.