st: retaining results from -ineqdeco-

From   Radu Ban <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: retaining results from -ineqdeco-
Date   Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:59:58 -0800 (PST)

Dear listers,

I need a bit of help with -ineqdeco- , the ado used
for inequality measures and decomposition.

I have a dataset that is organized like this (on a
much larger scale)

village	caste	hh_income
1	1	[values of income]
1	1
1	1
1	1
1	2
1	2
1	2
1	2
1	3
1	3
1	3
1	3
1	3
..
2	1
2	1
..
..

I want to run the -ineqdeco- separately for each
village, with the decomposition
being done by caste. And then I want to retain the
results from -ineqdeco- in new
variables. The variables that I want to create are:

village_gini [= the gini for the village]
caste_gini [=the gini for the caste in the village]
village_within_a [= GE_W(a) for the village]
village_between_a [= GE_B(a) for the village]

I have tried looking for the saved results after a
test decomposition for one village
but I only found s(k) and s(varlist). Also, even if I
restrict:

ineqdeco hh_income if village == 1, by(caste)

Stata still seems to look at all the villages because
the maximum number of castes is
displayed and the program takes much longer to run
than if I keep only village 1, i.e.

keep if village == 1
ineqdeco hh_income, by(caste)

Any help is greatly appreciated.