Re: st: OS X graphics and Panther update

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: OS X graphics and Panther update
Date   Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:56:29 -0600

Kit Baum <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Chinh has stomped on both the rectangle bug and the Quartz related bugs
> > in the Stata 8 graphics for OS X (Panther). No doubt these fixes will
> > be in the next executable update.

> I take it that this problem has still not been resolved -- i.e. Panther
> users must stay at 10.3.1 or lose Quartz graphics? I see that there is
> an ado-update available now, but no executable-update, and no mention
> of this issue being solved in help whatsnew.

An executable update is forthcoming (not sure of when).  If you're not seeing
any problems with text rendering (which is possible but unlikely) with Quartz
now, then don't worry about it.  If you are seeing a problem, then yes, you
should change the graphics engine to Quickdraw until the executable update is
available.

-Chinh Nguyen