st: long labels in -graph bar-

From   "Jesper B. Sorensen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: long labels in -graph bar-
Date   Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:20:34 -0500

I want to create a simple bar graph over two variables, e.g.,

graph bar (asis) rate, over(ever) over(sex)

The problem is that the labels for the "Over 1" variable ("ever") are quite long and therefore overlap. I could make the textsize very small, but that looks silly. (I also don't want to switch the order of the over( ) variables.)

Ideally what I would like is to have the labels for each value wrap from one line to the next. Eg. instead of

Parent ever self-employed Parent never self-employed

(where the two overlap), instead have

Parent ever Parent never
self-employed self-employed

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

//Jesper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesper B. S�rensen
Richard S. Leghorn (1939) Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Sloan School of Management
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E52-581
Cambridge, MA 02142