st: time series set and panel data unit root tests

From   "Guest g2inst" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   st: time series set and panel data unit root tests
Date   Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:10:45 +0100

Dear Stata listers,
I am sorry for the probably elementary question:
I am trying to set a series as a time series in order to perform some unit root tests. Can anybody tell me why Stata tells me that the time series must have only integer values(?!). How can I fix my series in this case since they dont obviously contain only integer values?
The tests I am trying to perform, are in reality panel data unit root tests, but when I try to execute them, Stata tells me that the "sample may not include multiple panels". Can anybody enlighten me about this problem too?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.