Re: st: problems updating Stata for windows

From   [email protected] (Shannon Driver, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problems updating Stata for windows
Date   Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:14:44 -0600

Eva <[email protected]> wrote:

> I recently tried to update a PC running Stata 8 (WinME). The PC does not
> have an internet connection, so I followed the instructions on
> http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata8/ado . I unzipped the file
> ado.zip to C:\temp\ado, started Stata and typed
>
>  - update from C:\temp\ado -
>
> which resulted in the following error message:
>
> file C:\temp\ado\stata.upd not found
> C:\temp\ado\ is not a valid update disk
> r(601);
>
> I could not find a file called stata.upd anywhere on the PC. Switching the
> executable worked fine, though.
>
> Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

It looks as though there might be a problem with the zip file.

I would recommend that you contact Stata Technical Services, and we will be
glad to help you get this worked out.  You can send your email to
[email protected].  Make sure you include your serial number in the email.

--Shannon Driver