st: Log-linear modeling for capture-recapture using STATA

From   Eric Kasowski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Log-linear modeling for capture-recapture using STATA
Date   Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:24:12 -1000

I am trying to use STATA to model data from two overlapping data systems (a reportable disease registry and a clinical data system) using the log-linear method to calculate the number of cases missed by both data systems (i.e. capture-recapture). The mathematical basis is described by Tilling, K, et. al., Capture-recapture Models Including Covariate Effects, American Journal of Epidemiology, 149(9), 2/15/1999, pp 392-400.

After matching records, I have a dataset with indicator variables for data source of origin (dichotomous for source 1 and source 2) as well as a number of covariates (hospital size, region, disease, etc.) that I would like to explore for interaction via modeling.

Does anyone know how to set up and interpret the models in STATA? I’m not new to regression via STATA but I can’t figure out how to derive the missing cell of data (i.e. the records missed by both surveillance systems) from the model.

Thank you.

Eric Kasowski, DVM, MD, MPH
Navy Environmental and Preventive Medicine Unit No. 6

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/