st: Re: expect the unexpected

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: expect the unexpected
Date   Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:23:52 -0500

On Dec 19, 2003, at 2:33 AM, Allan wrote:

Not from official updates, but I tried to get etime from the SSC this
week.  Mozilla saved a file that ended with "end" but when I tried to
use the routine Stata said "unexpected end of file".

Expect the unexpected?
Try putting in a blank line at the end of file. If Stata does not see a line terminator on a line, it does not consider it part of the do-file. I have been bitten thusly when pasting into the do-file editor: you better hit return at the end of a line.

* For searches and help try: