Re: st: sysdir set for do-files or datasets ?

From   Buzz Burhans <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sysdir set for do-files or datasets ?
Date   Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:18:34 -0500

I use an ado program by Nicholas Winter called -c- (referred to as fastcd on SSC in the post in this thread by Ulrich Kohler) to speed up changing directories, which is easily done within do files by something like this:

pwd
C:\Documents and Settings\Buzz Burhans\My Documents\Active 6 GlycolStudyWorking9-9-02\NEFA

* suppose I start in the above directory

. c MH

* the results of this command are:

C:\Documents and Settings\Buzz Burhans\My Documents\Active 6 GlycolStudyWorking9-9-02\3MH

* after which I can work in that directory

.save fileX, replace

* and then later change to my original or other directory easily by using -c- again:

. c NEFA

C:\Documents and Settings\Buzz Burhans\My Documents\Active 6 GlycolStudyWorking9-9-02\NEFA

As you can see, typing a short keyword saves a lot of typing in defining the directory.

I am grateful to Nick Winter for making this available, it improves efficiency a lot.

Buzz Burhans