AW: st: truncate folder path in Stata 7?

From   Dietrich Dr�ner <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   AW: st: truncate folder path in Stata 7?
Date   Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:40:40 +0100

Dear Uli,

thanks a lot, it works! The only strange thing is, that I have to copy
identical profil.do files into all folders where I want to run do files
referring to profile. Stata does not search for it along the path as
described in -help profile.

Best regards,

Dietrich.

PS
Dear Michael Blasnik, as far as I could find out, you can only use relative
paths skipping the lower levels if you never use more than 8 characters.
Unfortunately, this is generally the case with Win XP.

_____________________

Ulrich Kohler wrote:

How about defining global makros in profile.do (see -help profile) or in
project master files. For example your profile.do might read like this

---------------------profile.do
global ourprojectdata "m:/workgroup/datasets/ourprojectdata"
global ourproject "c:/My Files/projects/ourproject"
----------------------------------

and profile.do on your collegues machine might read like this:

---------------------profile.do
global ourprojectdata "/home/collegue/datasets/projects"
global ourproject "/home/collegue/ourproject"
----------------------------------

Then you can run Do-Files on both machines which contains commands like
this:

. cd "$ourproject"
. use "$ourprojectdata/maindata"
. log using "$ourproject/an1", replace
. scatter varlist, saving("$ourproject/graphs/mygraph, replace)

many regards
uli

+49 (030) 25491-361

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----