st: RE: Saving text file as ado file

From   "John A Karikari" <>
To   <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject   st: RE: Saving text file as ado file
Date   Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:30:48 -0500

I have also had 2 very good suggestions, which I have used--much easier
because I get to keep my Notepad.  See below.
Thanks as usual.

Just save the file as "toto.ado" and in the file type window just
select "all". It should work.
you can save it directly in notepad (or wordpad)if you
put quotes around the filename in the save as dialog
box in Notepad--e.g. "tim.ado". This will save it
without the .txt extension

>>> 12/12/03 01:18PM >>>
Sounds as if it's that time in your life
when you should going for a real text editor. The FAQ
mentions several, many of which are free.

I'd root for Vim, but it's likely to be
a bit scary if there's no Unix in your past.

There are plenty of good editors closer
to general Windows style
(if I recall correctly, that's your platform).

John A Karikari