st: SOS:Updating the Executable

From   Adolf <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: SOS:Updating the Executable
Date   Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:40:32 +0300

Hi,
I have been trying to update the executable for my Stata 7 without success.
After downloading the update, I am asked to follow the following steps:
1-exit stata
2-change to c:\stata\
3-copy wstata.exe to wstata.old
4-copy wstata.bin to wstata.exe
5-try stata
6-Later, erase wstata.old if satisfied or copy wstata.old back to wstata.exe

Trouble is, following this steps does not help at all. In the first place no wstata.old exists.
I remember when using Stata6 updating was easy. The worse part is that I can not do anyting
right now unless I updata.

I WILL VERY MUCH APPRECIATE HELP ON THIS

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/