Re: st: Re: Stuck at akdensity

From   "Renzo Comolli" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Stuck at akdensity
Date   Sat, 6 Dec 2003 23:22:42 -0500

Both the problem and the solution seem to be the same as the ones you had
last week with outreg: some compound quotes are missing.

Search inside the ado file you are using (I believe -akdensity-) for the
line that says
	qui save `tmpsav' , replace
And replace it with
	qui save `"`tmpsav'"' , replace
Either type -discard- or restart Stata and rerun your program.

If, subsequently, it gets stuck somewhere else, repeat the procedure: find
the line where it gets stuck, add compuond quotes. Then, either type
-discard- or restart Stata and rerun your program.

The reason why you get these errors (is that the origianl code contains a
minor bug) while the other users do not is that your machine is set up in a
way such that operations are carried out in folders with blanks in their
path name.
Your machine works in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\
If it were to work in C:\Documents_and_Settings\user\Local_Settings\Temp\ or
any other folder with no blanks in the path, the bug would never bother you.

*From   Ramani Gunatilaka <>
Subject   st: Re: Stuck at akdensity
Date   Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:41:49 +0000

Hi all,
Stuck again this weekend, I'm afraid. I am trying to plot akdensity
distributions using Philippe Van Kerm's SSC download.
My programme gets stuck within the akdensity routine, and I can't figure out

This is the log output of set trace on immediately preceding error message.

       - qui save `tmpsav' , replace
      = qui save C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local
> .tmp , replace
invalid 'and'

Would anybody have any ideas re: what's going wrong?
Thanks so much,