st: Stata on a Beowulf Cluster

From   "Olivier Paradis-Beland" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Stata on a Beowulf Cluster
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:46:15 -0500

I am an admin of a Beowulf Cluster of computers which runs stata. Until recently everything worked well but since a few weeks, I have some problems reading STATA format databases.
What is strange is that when I am on the master computer (i.e. the node with the hard drive an the local OS), I can read my ".dta" files with stata correctly.
However, when I log on a remote node (sharing its OS and physical resources via network with NFS protocol with the master) I cannot read the same file.
Here is the error message:
use scf86_roc.dta
file scf86_roc.dta not Stata format
The problem is recurrent on each of the nodes except for the master node. I suspect there may be a problem with a STATA config file somewhere.
Can someone help with that ?

Olivier Paradis Béland