Re: st: saving sensitivity and specificity values

From   May Boggess <>
Subject   Re: st: saving sensitivity and specificity values
Date   03 Dec 2003 11:06:27 -0600

Last Friday, Thomas asked:

> is there a possibility to save the sensitivity and specificity values
> (in new variables) for each cut point in an roc analysis? I need both
> values for further analysis.

After corresponding with Thomas privately I found that he needs to save
the information provided by -roctab, detail- in a dataset.

This can readily be achieved by making a few alterations to the
.ado code for -roctab-. In short, we create a dataset to which we append
the information each time we display a row of the table. Any other
Statalisters interested in the code for this may contact me privately.