st: applying weight without strata variable?

From   Wan-Yi Chen <>
Subject   st: applying weight without strata variable?
Date   Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:32:16 -0500

Dear listserve members,

I am using a stratified cluster survey data yet I do not have the
strata variable in the data set. Rather, only the PSU variable is
available.  When I try to set up the analysis using "svyset"
command,STATA would response "too many weights" and stop running
(weight values are not integer in the data set).

I am new to STATA software and I'd really appreciate any
suggestions for the situation that I am dealing with.

Thank you so much.  Wanyi

Wan-Yi Chen
Doctoral Candidate
Columbia University School of Social Work