Re: st: RE: ltable and plot

From   Marcello Pagano <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: ltable and plot
Date   Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:54:35 -0500

I called Stata yesterday to see if they had a suggestion.
The person I spoke to was going to look into it and get
back to me.  So far he hasn't, but when he does I'll let
y'all know.

josemaria wrote:

It is a pitty, I was guessing this possibility would come against the idea. Wouldn´t it be possible to have something alike for 8?
Or, better, to allow -ltable- perform for more than just one category?
It would be great.
Jose Maria

Nick Cox wrote:

This won't work in 8 as wished because -gph close- and -gph open- are old graphics commands. They are not compatible with the new graphics.
Marcello Pagano

Thanks for the help.  I tried it but it did not work for me.

A long time ago (four, five years?) I had the same problem.
The solution presented to me (by Bill Gould, by Nick

Cox?), which I

still use, was (for my data):

. program define wander

 1. gph open
 2. ltable
 4. gph close
 5. end

Marcello Pagano
Biostatistics Department               Tel: 1-617-432-4911
Harvard School of Public Health        Fax: 1-617-739-1781
655 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA  02115

eppur si muove