st: how to save ado files

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to save ado files
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:20:05 +0000

hello statalisters,

win98se
. version
version 8.2

i've just modified an ado file in notepad to suit my needs and have tried to save it with a different name in my c:\ado\personal. this modified ado file form one of the line in a do file that i have created. when i try to run the do-file however, i keep getting "unrecognized command" r(199) error. the do file runs fine using the original ado file though.

when i saved the file in the notepad, i save as filename.ado and file type as all file. i noticed though that it is saved as a txt file and the icon appears different from the other official ado files.

can listers tell me how to save it this ado hack that i did so that i can make use of it? manual said to store it in a file ending in .ado but i must have missing something here. thanks for the help.

cheers,
bw

Say �goodbye� to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)

*