st: Formaatin the labels of the histogram-bars ?

From   Ernest Berkhout <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Formaatin the labels of the histogram-bars ?
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:02:46 +0100

Hi all,

is there a possibility to format the labels that can be stuck on the bars of a histogram, just as it can be done with a bar-graph?

To illuminate: in a bar-graph one can label a categorie of bars with the option:
-blabel(bar, position(outside) format(%3.1f))-

so the labels (in this case, percentages of a distribution) are formatted as numbers with only one decimal digit.
Unfortunately something similar doesn't seem to be possible with histograms. I only get as far as:

-histogram dag, discrete width(1) start(1) percent addlabels addlabopts( mlabsize(vsmall))-

and then there is no possibility to format the labels. This results in rather ugly labeling, with for some labels 2 decimal digits and for others 3 dec.digits!

Am I just ignorant, or is it realy impossible to do this? (and if so, what would be the rationale behind the current way of labeling ?)

Ernest Berkhout
Stichting voor Economisch Onderzoek
Universiteit van Amsterdam

Kamer 3.08
Roetersstraat 29
1018 WB Amsterdam

tel.:+ 31 20 525 1630
fax:+ 31 20 525 1686
http://www.seo.nl
"To an economist, real life is a special case"

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/