st: RE: Multiple labels?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Multiple labels?
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:27:26 +0100 (MEZ)

Dear Nick,
You are right on the complications which arise from the fact that there may
be more than one migrant in a household (case of -id- 102 1003).
However one interesting point is that observations in -summmig- are exactly
in the same order as migrants in -idmig-. May this helps for question 1?
I think the whole problem arise because I use -id- as common identifier when
merging the data set containing -summmig- with my master data set, then as
it appears from the sample I sent to the list, -summmig-'s observations
match systematically with the first individuals in each household,
regardless of their migration status.
Then, I am expecting a way to re-allocate things downward. For instance
considering -id- 102 1003, I want the two data points under -summmig- to
match with  this household's two migrants who are observations number 10 and
12 of the whole data set.
By the way your suggestion worked fine for creating dummyinkind and I am
considering  re-merging using now both -id- and -idmig- as identifiers if
this may help for question 1.
Best regards
Adama