st: RE: predict in xtfrontier

From   "Vidya Mahambare" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: predict in xtfrontier
Date   Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:15:35 +0000

Hello, one more questions. Here it goes.

I have now created estimates for TE for each sector following Nick Cox's
suggestion. I would now like to compute TE for  each firm in a sector relative
to maximum TE in that sector in a particular year.

I am not sure how to proceed, mainly due to the lack of understanding of
programming.

thanks
Vidya

>>> [email protected] 11/25/03 11:09am >>>
As I understand it, you are fitting a separate
model for each sector, and want to pool the predictions.

Here is one way to do that:

levels sector, local(S)
gen te = .
foreach s of local S {
	capture drop work
	qui xtfrontier
		logrgva time logwage logplnt if sector == `s', tvd
	predict work if e(sample)
	qui replace te = work if sector == `s'
}

Vidya Mahambare