RE: st: multiple state surv. analysis

From   "Stephen P Jenkins" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: multiple state surv. analysis
Date   Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:38:29 -0000

I made a silly confusion yesterday about "stratification" in this
context. Steve MacKay's message reminded me of this. As he said, in
effect, pooling spells for all types of transitions, and then allowing
stratification by type of transition, allows for different baseline
hazards but imposes equality of each regressor coefficient across the
different processors. This is an even stronger (and inappropriate)
assumption than I referred to in my original message. At the very least,
model spells for each transition type separately.

Stephen
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]>
Institute for Social and Economic Research
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, U.K.
Tel: +44 1206 873374.  Fax: +44 1206 873151.
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk