st: estsave available on SSC

Subject   st: estsave available on SSC
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:45:05 -0500

Based on a recent thread, I have finished writing estsave.ado and it has
been posted on SSC (-ssc describe estsave-) .

-estsave- provides a way to save estimation results with the current dataset
so that they can be retrieved in future Stata sessions, allowing
post-estimation commands such as -test- and  -predict- to be executed on a
retrieved model.

-estsave- generates a new variable to identify the estimation sample and
then characteristics (see help char) associated with this new variable are
used to hold copies of all macros, scalars, and matrices associated with the
most recent estimation results.  It's function is similar to
what -estimates- does within Stata sessions.  It has some, hopefully minor,
limitations that would require a change in Stata's executable to get around,
but it does seem to work for the majority of uses.

Anyone who has been using a version I sent to them off list should replace
it with the SSC version (which is enhanced moderately).

Michael Blasnik