RE: st: Another manual idea

From   Leonelo Bautista <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Another manual idea
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:15:15 -0600

cost PDF edition of Stata 7 Manuals. Also, Stata Corporation may want to
consider making previous releases of Stata available at low cost, at
least to academic programs in developing countries. Most students and
many faculty in these programs can not afford Stata 8. This could make
sense because the marked value of older versions of Stata must be low,
and the use of Stata would disseminate. Besides, people who are
satisfied with a good product, such as Stata, are likely to remain a
costumer and, given the opportunity will move to more recent releases of
Stata, instead of trying new software. Many academic programs in
developing countries could benefit from such a program.

Leonelo E. Bautista, MD, DrPH
Assistant Professor
University of Wisconsin Medical School
Population Health Sciences