st: Re: cmdname--NOT

From   Christopher F Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: cmdname--NOT
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:43:04 -0500

On Nov 18, 2003, at 2:33 AM, statalist-digest wrote:

I just discovered -cmdname- written by Stata Corp back in 1999
that can be downloaded:
. findit cmdname

This command allows you to check to see if a command name
is already registered at Stata and if not allows you to register
it in your name with your email address.
Do not trust it! There is no assurance that name collisions will not occur. I had a registered ado-file, xttest1, which had been listed with cmdname for some time. I was very surprised to receive an issue of the Stata Tech Bulletin and find that an author had appropriated the name, and StataCorp was now circulating the code, for a different xttest1 -- irregardless of the cmdname registry. I have not used cmdname since.

Thanks
Kit

*
* For searches and help try: