RE: st: command option in ado programming

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: command option in ado programming
Date   Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:20:39 -0000

I don't think there is a way round this,
so long as you use -syntax- to parse input.
The rule is that capitalisation signals
acceptable abbreviation, and Stata does
not identify the "2" as upper case.

It's not the answer you seek, possibly,
but if this were my problem I would flag
the choice much more obviously by a choice
between -sd()- and -var()-. Names are
more fundamental than notation, here
at least.

Eddy