st: Hi! Mfx compute does not give standard errors

From   Joseph Capuno <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Hi! Mfx compute does not give standard errors
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:13:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi! I've been running a bivariate probit regression
and try to obtain the marginal effects using the 'mfx
compute" option. However, I fail to obtain the
marginal effects in most of the runs, and in those
cases when I do Stata does not compute the standard
errors.

I would appreciate it somebody could help me out with
the following questions:

(1) Is there a way for me to compute the standard
errors myself?
(2) And, how do I interpret Stata's estimates of the
marginal effects with no standard errors? How much
confidence can I attach to these estimates?
(3) Sometimes Stata reports "." when a standard error,
z-stat, P>|z|, Wald statistic or a chi-squared
statistic is expected? What does "." mean in this
context? No estimate?

Thanks a lot.

Joseph J. Capuno
University of the Philippines